Thursday, May 8, 2008

Nile Cruise









The Nile Cruise. A great time. I wasn't exactly their
typical guest--the cruise was mostly full of retired
couples and/or families taking their holiday. I, in
my awesome 3 backpacker outfits, didn't fit in so
well when joining the troops in the dining hall
where the women were in heels and nice jewelry.
I'm not one to worry too much about that sort of
stuff, but I certainly felt a little uncomfortable at
more than one of the dinners.

Ancient Egyptian history isn't something I've
spent much time studying, but it is so fascinating.
Seriously. Their temples, statues, tombs, they're
all enormous and intricate and many still have
their original colors. Unbelievable.

I'm back in Cairo now trying not to get killed in
the taxis or walking on the street--seriously, this
place is crazy.

We're leaving right now to meet my cruise buddies.
There was a super cool bunch from New Zealand
and Australia. We tended to spend most of our
time together as we were the folks without spouses
or children. We all ended up in Cairo after the cruise
and are meeting up for a night on the town.

2 comments:

RC said...

New Zealand man = hot stuff.

Dani said...

What an amazing experience!