Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fav sights from today

  • My kids running to greet/tackle me when I showed up at the orphanage
  • Frank :) I might love him. (Before I left he said, "I didn't recognize you when you came. You are even more beautiful now." Stop, please...)
  • The new house/facility that is being built at New Life for the kids
  • A toothbrush for sale at the market (mine...still in luggage, who even knows where)
  • Deodorant for sale at the pharmacy this afternoon (eventhough my rank was blending in with everyone else, I couldn't stand it anymore.)
  • Shampoo for sale at the pharmacy (yep--black girl shampoo haha--but having not washed my hair since last Saturday, this was TOTALLY welcome. Good thing I'm half-black.)
  • A pack of 8 goats running wild through the market, and no one even blinking an eye
  • The "restroom" at Sankofa orphanage...you don't even want to know
  • Random store names around town "Blood of Jesus Bicycle Shop," "Black Emanual Hair Cuts," "Don't Worry, it is in God's Hands Enterprises"...they ALL have some type of religious name, and some of them are pretty dang funny. Those were all I could remember off the top of my head.
  • The mangos I had for lunch...divine.

I'm sad I do not have pics, or rather a way to post them. Coming soon though hopefully...

1 comment:

Dani said...

I've been thinking about getting a bike and that Blood of Jesus Bicycle Shop sounds like a good place...