Thursday, May 1, 2008

53 Hours Later...

Well, I barely made it too. :) Our connection in Chicago was late, so we missed the connection in Frankfurt, so they decided to send me to Dubai to spend the night in the airport with all the rest of the world strewn out across the floor (I chose a bench), then on to Accra. I arrived 20 hours later than expected. Then, of course, my luggage did not make it (including one of my carry-ons they made me check in Germany), so I have no toothbrush, no deodorant, no contact numbers, etc etc etc. Luckily, I made a friend on the flight (he was in the same predicament as I was, coming from Orem) and his wife's uncle gave me a ride to the bus station, and I barely made the last bus out of Accra to Cape Coast. I caught a taxi to my house, and made it in about 8. I'm just glad I knew where to go. I'm so sorry, Rach--I'm glad you made it safely. Your post made me want to cry.

So I got up today and was asked, "What happened to your face?" Can't hear that enough. :) I'm swollen from head to toe...and I want to say it's from the long journey, but maybe it's from the 10 lbs I gained during the last 2 months of school. Not sure.

My camera connector is in my luggage, so I won't be able to upload pics until I retrieve my luggage next week (3 hours away), but the pics will be coming. I'm getting my hair braided this weekend, woo hoo. I'm SUPER excited to see my kids today...on my way right now.

Love and miss you girls already! Those 53 hour journeys give you lots of time to think... xoxo

1 comment:

Heather said...

oh my gosh. that sounds miserable! What a trip! glad you made it.