Friday, May 16, 2008

Brazil, OH Brazil

So, this is my first blog in history...make note of it. :) Anyhow, I have been in Brazil for over 24 hours so far. Tomorrow I leave for the coast, including Rio de Janeiro. I am really excited!

Well, I am staying at my brother's house right now which is so cute and great! This morning I ate part of a mango (and I say part because it was the size of a small football). It was the most amazing piece of fruit these lips have ever tasted. I had some papaya too...it tasted like perfume smells. All so amazing! I could get used to the fruit here...

Today we are having a traditional Brazilian barbecue which the Brazilian restaurants in the states are trying to imitate. I'm really excited about it too. We are here with my family and my sister-in-law's family. They are the cutest but smallest people I've ever been kin to. :)

After that, we are going back to the mall (which we had a fast run to last night) that is absolutely huge!!! I can't even describe it...try like ten or twelve University Mall's including a car dealership, something like a Lowe's and a grocery store along with it. I was a little surprised really. Anyway, they are supposed to have some amazing shoes and jeans so I'm going to certainly check that out.

Well, that is all for now. I'm going to go sample some more amazing fruit and who knows...I might try some meat. I'll blog again in about a week when I return from Rio. Fun but safe travels to you all! :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Long, so good to hear from you! You're going to get so tan...have a blast on the beautiful Brazilian beaches!

RC said...

Brazil!!

Unknown said...

Erin! Good to hear from you! I LOVE mango. :) have so much fun and keep us posted!