Monday, May 26, 2008

It's hard to compete!

While you are all in Thailand, Egypt, Ghana, India, and who knows where else, I have chosen to spend my time in the thriving metropolis called Cedar Hills, Utah... ever heard of it?

While you are helping orphans learn how to read and write, Erin and I have been planting flowers and building rock walls in my back yard to get my house ready to sell.

While you are helping develop innovative and sustainable self-help solutions to the fight against chronic hunger and poverty, I've been watching expensive horses race around a track and rubbing elbows with women wearing hats that probably cost more than women in some countries make in a year.

All of this is enough to make me realize, there's someone in South America who will never have the opportunity to come to the BYU MBA program, but I did. So I should find a way to get out of Cedar Hills and give back to those who are less fortunate.

Thanks for the updates on your lives, as it's the only way I stay in touch with reality.

Miss you all!!!

1 comment:

RC said...

I'm so glad you recognize that this is a competition. I'm definitely not winning though, I'm sitting here at "work" in India reading blogs and wasting time. Miss you all too!