Friday, May 16, 2008

Good Thai Wife













Yesterday we decided to take a Thai cooking class! They told us we needed to learn how to make curry paste to become a "good Thai wife." So...I guess I did my part, now I just need to find a nice Thai man :) The class was wonderful! We learned how to make quite a few different things, and they turned out quite deliciously. Let's just hope we can find the same or similar ingredients back in the states. It makes me want to buy the cute little dishes they eat out of here so I can have rockin' awesome Thai dinner parties.

Everyday is an adventure here. We've spent a lot of time at the markets and I surprise myself how little I am buying. Last night I finally did some damage buying a cheap bracelet and a cute bag...big spender, I know.

We're found a nice little guest house to stay in and are quite happy with it. It is on a street lined with cheap places so there are travelers from all over the place. It has been so interesting to get to know them and hear about the places they've been...and it's nice to be in a place where everybody looks like they have been camping for weeks--super scruffy-- all of us.

Today we made it to an elephant conservatory. We took the public bus and it took...forever to get there. On the way back, we had to stand on the road for a good 45 minutes before a bus came and after turning down several offers we seriously thought about hitch-hiking. We thought we were going to be stuck out there.

Tomorrow we're heading out on our 3-day trek. Apparently the group that just came back had some incidents with leaches! Sick.

2 comments:

RC said...

I expect you to practice those wifery skills by making me dinner. Thank you.

Shannon said...

How fun! You girls look cute in your aprons. Hope you are having a great time.