Monday, May 5, 2008

Church and Braids

Church yesterday was nice. I got called out to give my testimony at the end of sacrament meeting (long story), but I was grateful for the opportunity. It's just nice that where ever we go, there is a church family who loves and cares for us, and who knows the same truths that we do. I had similar feelings to Rachael. Just strengthens my testimony that this is God's work.

I got braids today. 4 bags of weave, 4 hours, and some flame torch thing later, my hair looks awful. Mama Charlotte was insistent that this particular lady come to the house to do my hair, instead of me going to a salon. I tried to get out of it, but she was insistent. The problem was, she didn't have any pics for me to show her what I wanted, and she didn't speak english. So it looks pretty bad, and I have no idea in what condition I'll find my hair once this is taken out. A flame? Was that really necessary?

The other volunteers come tomorrow. Let the games begin...

2 comments:

RC said...

HAHAHAHAHA. Not to laugh at your pain, but really, there is no way to be in a foreign country and be attractive. You should see my swelling/chub/hair in a bun constantly. It's not cute.

Dani said...

Isn't it true? Why is that? I don't think Heather and I left Peru with a single picture that I actually felt like I wouldn't be slightly embarrassed for people to see. Crazy. Sorry about the flame, Jess. :)