Monday, May 26, 2008

More time with kids...

(after one of the trips to the internet cafe today)

(watching the soccer tournament at school last week...with about 4 kids on my lap)

(some of the girls in their room)


Today was a holiday...but I think I'm more exhausted today than I've been since coming.

Brother Johnson met with Frank and me this morning. I gave Frank a Book of Mormon last night, marked some scriptures. When he and I met this morning, he'd already done a lot of reading. We had a great discussion. He asked good questions, and I answered the best I could. Then Brother Johnson was ready to talk. We talked for a bit, then he gave Frank a blessing, then gave me a blessing. Amazing. Frank and I left, both of us in awe and feeling really blessed and humbled. I'm not sure how to describe.

It was a holiday today, so I thought I'd capitalize on the free time to take the kids to the internet cafe. We took 8 last week, and more wanted to go. I found out today that it's been almost a year since the kids have been out of the orphanage and into town. Big thanks to Casey for sponsoring their trips. So eventhough it was a holiday, Frank came with me so I didn't have to take the kids by myself. It was exhausting as it was, so I can't imagine doing it by myself--nice of Frank to give up his day off. We took 17 kids in 2 trips. This was their first time on the computer, so it was nonstop helping kids. They absolutely loved it, but it took all day, and all my energy. I loved when we got in the first taxi, all the kids were piled in the backseat. I looked in the rearview mirror, and they all had their heads bowed and one was saying a prayer, asking a blessing on the driver, and giving thanks for their opportunity to go to the cafe. It was just really cute.

I did spend a little time at the orphanage between trips. Emanuella (my fav) is upset and won't talk to me. I finally grabbed her, gave her a hug and a kiss on the cheek and told her I loved her. When I let go, she ran inside. She came back out about 2 minutes later drying her eyes with her dress. Yeah, that broke my heart. The only words I got out of her today were her saying that it was her last day. :( Can I bring her home? And her brother?

I'm not going to be ready to leave on Thursday. In fact, I'm really sad just thinking about it. There's so much more I want to do.

No comments: