Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Land of Many Smiles...

I made it to Thailand! Coming from Egypt it is such a breath of fresh air (no offense to those Eyptian readers). The people are so sweet always smiling and laughing...especially the taxi drivers who never know where we want to go. They just look at us and laugh, but a cute laugh, not an I'm-making-fun-of-you laugh.

Mallorie and Nanette met me at the airport and it was so good to see them! How lucky I am to be traveling with two of my very best friends.

I've had two meals so far--both Phad Thai. I do love my phad thai. It is so delicious and cheap.

We're planning on staying here for one more day and then we'll go up north to Chang Mai and we'll go on a trek through the jungle, ride elephants, raft down the river, you know the drill.

Somewhere between Cairo and Bangkok my camera disappeared :( lost? stolen? who knows. It was in my checked bag and when it came along the conveyer belt at the baggage claim one of the pockets was open and my stuff was falling out of it...The good news: I had downloaded all of my photos onto a handy jump drive right before I left--so atleast I didn't lose my photos!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved Chang Mai! You HAVE to go to the elephant show--totally amazing, and totally worth it. Sorry about your camera, but good work on downloading your pics. Good thing you'll be with others who can take pics though. Love ya!