Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Compete with this!

I love my life. True, it'd be even better if I were independently wealthy and Erin W., Sarah, and I could just sleep out on the back deck on love sacs and grill salmon and go for Harley rides every night, but as it is, it's really great and I'll take it. There's not a whole lot going on with me--just getting ramped up with the old HP and still pulling all-nighters. Oh, the good times we've had.

But the best time so far this summer was tonight...when I was at Ann Taylor and the super nice lady who owns Classy Cuisine next door came over and brought us two sandwiches as a gift to our friend Susan who happened to not be at work this evening. Luckily for me, the sandwiches were pulled pork. Even luckier, my friend Juliet who was working with me is a vegetarian. I used to be one of those things. And then I got very lazy. Even most luckiest of all lucks for Sarah, the pulled pork fanatic, was that she was on her way to Provo as I was taking my first bite of my two sandwiches I had just been given and as I bit into the lusciousness of a pulled pork sandwich from Classy Cuisine (the nice lady who owns it is Brett's aunt, by the way), I decided to text Sarah and to tell her to come by the good old AT.

Sarah stopped by after a 3-hour bike ride. Seriously, Sarah always looks beautiful, but for the sake of the story, let's say she looked like she'd just gone on a 3-hour bike ride. She stopped in, I gave her the sandwich and her face lit up and she said, "I'm so glad you thought of me!" For those of you who have spent time with Sarah recently and have seen her eat three pulled pork sandwiches on three separate occasions and then also saw her make "pulled chicken" for BBQ chicken sandwiches, you know what my answer was. "Who else was I going to think of?"

So while we were in the store I convinced Sarah to try on some clothes. Ever the efficient one, she tried the first one on over her long-sleeve t-shirt. The next item wasn't as conducive to this method, so she stripped off her t-shirt and tried the next item (which was a silk shell) on over her sports bra, pausing to take a few bites of her sandwich as we talked. Sarah is normally the picture of sophistication and professionalism, so I loved the opportunity this gave me to envision Sarah's youth in the double wide. It was awesome. Work out pants, sports bra, silk shell, messy ponytail, sunglasses on her head...and a pulled pork sandwich.

This, my friends, is my life and I love it. Sarah, Erin W., and I have had some good times lately. We've watched a couple of really lame movies, slept out on the deck, hauled love sacs up and down stairs, gone out to dinner, barbecued, had awkward moments with ex-roommates, had anatomy lessons courtesy of the internet, gone on long walks at the base of the mountains, talked about bike rides (some of us have actually gone), ridden on Harleys, made oreo-pudding parfaits (tell me that isn't blog worthy), and learned to see Katherine Heigl in a new light...our lives are so normal. And so fabulous.

1 comment:

erin said...

Who knew I was so happy! Thanks Dani!