Monday, April 28, 2008

Whitey's Vacuum

To be moved by a moving company is both a blessing and a curse. Two different crews came today to pack my stuff and load it onto the truck. With each crew I took them on a tour explaining what would stay and what would go. I even put them into piles of "stay" and "go." Throughout the day I would catch the movers moving something that was in the "stay" pile and I would remind them it wasn't going with me to Austin and we would unpack it or remove the tape and stickers.

Well, tonight after they left I started to clean a little bit. And when the cleaning required a vacuum I went to where Whitey had so graciously left her vacuum for us to borrow until she got back from Mexico. It wasn't there! They took Whitey's vacuum!

I'm on a mission to get it back before they drive to TX tomorrow afternoon. We'll see how successful I am.

2 comments:

Laura said...

so what happened with the quest for Whitey's Vacuum???

Dani said...

Heather, I know this is a ploy to cover up that you always intended to steal Whitey's vacuum. You don't have to lie...just ask. She would have given it to you. :)