Monday, April 28, 2008

Intervention for Laura

Could someone please get the girl a can opener? Granted, there was a can opener yesterday, but with everyone moving their stuff out, I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. For those of you who didn't hear, Laura stabbed a can of tuna several times today (Sunday) in order to pry the can open.

First off, with all the millions of households living in that little cul-de-sac zoned for four families, you would think that one of them would be nice enough to lend the poor girl a can opener. And secondly and much more importantly, who wants tuna that badly? Let it go, Laura. Eat the rest of the pringles. The lid on that canister pops right off quite nicely and no sharp objects are involved.

I don't want to ruin it, but I think I have a good idea of something Laura might like for Christmas...equally delicious but safer. Actually, I shouldn't joke about this. I think this experience shows that Laura is innovative, driven, resourceful, and a problem-solver. Laura, I think you should make this one of your stories for the next time you ever need to do job interviews. And if they need references, you know Heather and I will vouch for the tastiness of the tuna and crackers that we ate with you.

1 comment:

Laura said...

If that can of tuna hadn't of been the only food I had to my name at that point in time, I would have gladly given it up, although I do love tuna.