Monday, February 23, 2009

I guess I never had more time or money...and I still don't!!

I was thinking about this blog the other day, especially all the girls who contributed to it. And I was thinking about the music on it too. Seriously, sometimes I come to this blog to listen to Beyonce sing "Irreplaceable" because I'm too broke to buy it on I-Tunes or the CD (assuming they still sell those) and it reminds me of so many good times in the program. Should we make this our MBA theme song? Or do we already have one of those? I mean we are irreplaceable for each other...but some of those men sure aren't!! Haha...

Following are some of my memories from grad school that affect my everyday life:

Every time I ramble like Dani is known to do, I think about Davis saying that Dani has rubbed off on me. What she doesn't recognize is that I'm left-handed and that typically means that I'm creative (when I don't squelch it) and that I am naturally random and bullet points are totally foreign to me. :) Also, there is an Au Bon Pain in my building not too far from Cosi. I remember Davis exclaiming that ABP was the white trash Cosi and that she liked Cosi so much better...needless to say, I now find ABP to be disgusting and eat Cosi when I eat at a sandwich shop. Sorry Joker!

Every time I say "almost there" in ANY context, I can't help but chuckle (audibly usually) and think of Erin Whitelock and a certain painted sign in Moab, etc, etc, etc. I must say the other day when a VP asked me if I was finished and I said, 'almost there' I literally busted out laughing and he looked at me like I was crazy. He thought I was laughing at him because it seems all investment bankers are extremely egocentric and insecure all at the same time so they think everything is about them. Needless to say, I could not in any way begin to explain why I was laughing so hard about saying "almost there!" :)

Every time I walk by the French cleaners down the street from me, I think of Kristin Hawkes Daines and her Martha Stewart mother-in-law. Who knew only the French knew how to dry clean clothes? I also start laughing whenever someone or anyone starts being very decisive about what needs to happen and when. They say things like, "we don't have much time" and "I have things to do!" At these times, I think of Kristin Hawkes and her no nonsense time management skills. I sure loved being in a group with her! :)

And Dani...remember late night trips to the store, gym, our kitchens, etc, etc? Yeah, I miss those runs. There aren't any 24 hour gyms close by nor are there any affordable 24-hour grocery stores. Oh the days... So, I think about those good times too!

Every time I think about running a marathon, I think of Craniac...and decide that she should continue to keep running those marathons without me. Seriously, I just don't think my body can take it...

I also remember all the talks about boys that I had with all you ladies. It seems that men and marriage are the obsession of all women, Mormon or not. :) Regardless, I can't help but remember all the conversations and analysis, etc of the men in our lives (or not in our lives and we didn't realize it). Now when I talk with other ladies, it always brings me back...and I have to admit that I paid the $12.50 it costs to go to a movie in Manhattan just so I could see, "He's Just Not That Into You" and I loved every minute of it!!

Anyway, I think of all of you so very often and miss you all just as much!! :)

No comments: